The Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) Stream 186 Visa.
You may be eligible under this stream if you hold either
  • Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482) – in the medium-term stream unless transitional arrangements apply
  • Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) – not granted under labour agreement arrangements or
  • related associated Bridging visa
  • And have worked for your employer full-time in Australia on your TSS and/or subclass 457 visa(s) for at least:
  • Three out of the previous four years (before the nomination is made) in the same position that they have nominated you for or
  • Two out of the previous three years before the nomination is made, if transitional arrangements apply because you either held, or were an applicant for, a subclass 457 visa (which was subsequently granted) on 18 April 2017.
Direct Entry Stream 186 Visa

This stream may be available if your employer still wishes to sponsor you for permanent residence.
And if:

  • You have occupation is on the subclass186 visa occupation list
  • You have the required qualification and at least 3 years of relevant work experience in your nominated occupation
  • You have a positive skills assessment in your nominated occupation which is approved by the relevant assessing authority for your occupation. Applicants may be exempt from obtaining a positive skills assessment if they have applied for:

A subclass 186 visa and are nominated as:

  • An academic by a university in Australia or
  • A scientist, researcher, or technical specialist by an Australian government scientific agency, including a State and Territory government scientific agencies.

A subclass 186 visa and are in Australia as the holder of a subclass 444 or 461 visa AND have worked with their nominating employer in the nominated occupation for the last two years (excluding the period of unpaid leave) in the period of three years before the visa application is made.

Agreement Stream 186 visa

This stream may be available if your employer wishes to sponsor you for permanent residence and has entered into a labour agreement with the Department that provides for a permanent residence pathway.

Requirement: Employer Nomination Scheme, (Subclass 186)
    • Have an Australian employer who wants to nominate you and is willing to offer you a full-time position for at least 2 years
    • Have been nominated by an approved Australian employer within six months before you apply for the ENS visa
    • You are under the age of 45 at the time of the ENS visa application
    • At the time of the 186 visa application, you have the required skills and qualifications for the position
    • Have appropriate English language skills at the time of lodgement
    • Meet health requirements
    • Meet character requirements
    • Meet requirements of the stream in which you are applying for.
How Can My Visa Guide Help You?

Our team at My Visa Guide will assist and guide in every step of the visa process right from understanding, recommending, organising, preparing and lodging the visa.

For Entrepreneurs; we judiciously assist with preparation of Strategic Business Plan, Preparation of Financial Plan, Strategy and Forecasting, Testing the local Labour Market and Regional Body Certification Approval.