Distinguished Talent Visa Requirements:
Meeting the requirements for a Distinguished Talent Visa is a high test. You must:
- have an internationally recognized record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in your profession
- be still prominent in the area
- would be an asset to the Australian community
- have no difficulty getting employment, or in becoming established independently in your field in Australia
- Be nominated by;
- an Australian peak body or organisation
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident, or
- an eligible New Zealand citizen
They must also:
- have a national reputation in your field
- be highly regarded throughout Australia
Note a reputation in one state or region would not be considered ‘national’
Government fee: AU$4,110
You can be any age to apply for this visa.
If you are under 18 years old or you are aged 55 years or older when you apply, you must be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community.
All applicants must have functional English or you will need to pay an extra charge, called the second instalment to be granted this visa.
You need to show your record of achievement
- Relevant qualifications and awards, including those received from internationally recognised institutions.
- Advice from government, professional, scientific, cultural, sporting or other relevant bodies in Australia.
- A statement by the nominator supporting your record of achievement.
- If you are younger than 18 or older than 55 years of age: evidence that you would be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community.
Your ability to find employment or become established independently in your field in Australia
You must demonstrate why you would have no difficulty in obtaining employment, or how you expect to support yourself, in Australia within your area of achievement. Income from employment which is not related to the area of achievement cannot satisfy the requirements of the visa, even if this only comprises part of your overall income.
Distinguished Talent Visa (PR)
The Distinguished Talent Visas is a permanent residence visa. It allows you and your family to
- study and in Australia
- live indefinitely in Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years (after that time you will be required to obtain a resident return visas)
- apply for citizenship
- enroll in the Australian governments medical fund, Medicare
- work in Australia
- study in Australia
- apply for Australian citizenship
- sponsor eligible relatives for residency in Australia
Other visas that may suit your needs may be:
- Entertainment Visas
- Visiting Academic Visas
- Religious Worker Visas
- Sports Visas