Contributory Parent visa lets parents of a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia permanently.

You could apply for the Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173) before this visa. Applying for the temporary visa and then this permanent visa costs more but the costs are spread across the two visas over a longer period of time.

To apply for this visa
  • You must have a child who is an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen
  • At least half of your children must live in Australia or more of your children live in Australia than any other country to meet the balance-of-family test
  • You must be able to obtain an Assurance of Support
  • You must meet our health & character requirement.
How Can My Visa Guide Help You?

Our experienced team at MVG understands the importance of loved ones joining in Australia. Hence puts in special efforts and care in organising, preparing and lodging the visa.